The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Fire at the Mizpah

I found Lake Street closed to traffic and barricaded when I got to work this morning. Just up the block from my office the Mizpah Hotel, a building that dates to the 1920's, suffered tremendous damage in a late-night fire. Details are still sketchy, but six people were killed and about 30 injured. The hotel is (or was) a beautiful old red-brick residential hotel, serving as home to over 80 people. One person has been arrested and charged with murder and arson--it looks like the suspicion at this point is that the fire was intentionally set, although few details are available. It's feared the more victims might yet be discovered in a portion of the hotel where the roof collapsed. I'll have more information on this when I get it, but for more check out the RGJ's website, where they're doing regular updates.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that www.KRNV.com has great coverage as well. I'm sure you planned but simply forgot to include a link.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home