The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Busy Days Ahead

I've got a lot to do in the next few days, so updates might not be as frequent as I'd like. These will be difficult days for our Nation, but if we stay strong and stay united, I'm sure we will get through this period of infrequent postings, and maybe we'll be stronger for it.

Just to let you know why things are so busy I'll give you a quick rundown. First off, I'm in the process of buying Sully's Fortress of Solitude. It seems a little strange to be buying the condo that I've been renting for a year, but honestly I can't think of anywhere I'd rather live right now that's in my price range. This will be the first time I've ever owned a home, and so I'm swallowed up in the whole process of gathering up paperwork I never thought was important (who saves bank statements on your savings account? It's not like you write checks on it, and you can check it over the phone for God's sake!) and ferrying them here and there. Closing is supposed to take place on May 17, which by coincidence is also my birthday. Additionally, I'm trying to get everything caught up at work because I will be transitioning jobs soon--no promises, but I'm hoping to have big news on this in the coming days. Saturday I'm going to be working at the Farm in the morning and doing a Wine Walk in the afternoon (again, details to follow), and Sunday I'm going to be helping on a clean-up project for the Nature Conservancy.

While I'm here, let me share one bit of news that's got Reno buzzing today. The Reno Hilton, of Color-Coded Threat Level fame, has been sold to new owners for a cool $150 million. The buyers are planning on building a resort/condos which will include--get this--America's largest indoor water park. The whole place is going to be renamed the Grand Sierra Resort.

Also, the River Festival starts today, meaning that streets around my building will be closed and trying to get from point A to point B will be even more frustrating than usual. Click on the whitewater webcam link to the left in the 'Links' section for live shots of people with nothing better to do than go kayaking on a Thursday morning. Lucky bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home