The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Why We Do What We Do

I saw a story today that reminded me why I'm proud of my job. A good chunk of what I do is devoted to prosecuting domestic violence-related crimes. In my work I see the cycle of violence on a daily basis, so trust me when I tell you that it's a very real thing. For anyone who tries to downplay the seriousness of minor violent episodes, for every abuser who insists that he's the real victim and that "she's just playing power games", for every victim who believes the abuser when he says he's changed, he's learned his lesson and it will never happen again so can't we please just dismiss these charges (believe me, I hear this every day), I say take a good look at what happened just down the road in Carson City yesterday. Maybe then you'll understand why every incident of domestic violence is taken so seriously, no matter how small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home