The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Thursday, July 07, 2005

What Can I Say?

Bombings in London today. Dozens dead, hundreds seriously injured. It looks like al Qaeda (multiple, almost simultaneous attacks designed to inflict maximum casualties, much like Madrid) but I suppose that's not official yet. I just don't know what I can say about this that hasn't been said. Anyone who sees slaughtering innocent people--people who are doing nothing more than going to work--as a legitimate way to make a point or accomplish goals is so filled with hate that they have given up everything that is good and redeemable in the human soul.

This attack hits somewhat close to home for Melissa. She worked in London last year for a few months, and is familiar with some of the parts of the city that were affected. It's bizarre to recall that just a couple of days ago she was so pleased to see that London awarded the 2012 Summer Olympics. What a strange world we live in. It's worth mentioning that currently my father is visiting Dublin, and my brother had planned to fly from Boston and join him there tomorrow. I don't think they will be directly affected by any of this. I sure hope not, anyway.

You have to love the Brits. Not to minimize anyone's losses, but in the news reports coming out of that city you can clearly see that residents' initial reactions of fear and confusion have very quickly given way to the ever resilient stiff upper lip. I guess a city that survived the Blitz and years of IRA bombings isn't going to be intimidated by these bastards.

Oh, and this is sort of a propos of nothing, but I still wish I had a better understanding of what exactly "Orange Alert" means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home