The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Sunday, November 20, 2005

It's That Time Of Year Again

Just a quick entry to mention that last night (just before going to see Higher Ground--see previous post) Melissa and I attended the City of Reno's official Christmas tree lighting. It was actually a lot of fun in a Norman Rockwell sort of way. Here are some pictures:

This is a shot of the tree from it's base a moment after being lit. I would like to have gotten a picture that gives you a sense of the size of the crowd which showed up to watch the lighting (it probably helped the attendance numbers that lighting ceremony was also the end destination of the wine walk that takes place every third Saturday of the month in my riverfront neighborhood) but unfortunately in the dark my limited picture-taking technology proved to be a little, well, limited.

I'm not exactly sure who these folks were. They were some kind of chorus dressed in Renaissance Faire clothing, except for the guy in back who obviously thought it would be just sooo wacky to wear that candy cane hat. They sang Christmas Carols before the lighting of the tree. Actually the one who stole the show was the woman in the front row on the left, who was very animated and sort of acted out every verse of the song.

Also along was my friend Dominique (aka 'MiMi', the person who first got me into blogging, for which Melissa is forever grateful ;-)) and her boyfriend. Dominique's boyfriend is French, but I can't spell French names and so I won't embarrass myself by trying.

Dominique was nice enough to turn the camera on Melissa and I and snap this picture. It is not her fault as a photographer that I appear so pasty--that's just my genes.

This final shot was taken earlier today; it's my view of the tree from the observation deck of the Fortress of Solitude. This gives you some perspective of just how big the tree actually is--not bad for a white-trash mountain town.

2 Comments:

Blogger MiMi said...

Yeah. Reno has some cool stuff sometimes. And luckily for me, I have someone as cool as Yukon Sully to show me around. Although I don't know if I'll forgive him for putting up that HORRIBLE picture of me. I knew there would be trouble when the camera came out.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

At least you don't look like you've been living under a rock for two years!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home