The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco De Mayo From The American Idiot

I don't normally talk about work in this forum, but I'll make an exception for this.

A couple of months back I upgraded my cellphone to Motorola's popular Razr. For a couple of weeks I was fascinated with my new toy, doing thing I could never do before like taking pictures with it, making short videos and, of course, downloading ringtones.

Since buying the phone I've always been able to remember to turn it off prior to the start of court (in fact, the marshals usually make a request that everyone turn cellphones off just before the judge takes his seat). Today I somehow managed to forget, and wouldn't you know it, about a half hour into court Green Day's "American Idiot" comes blasting out of my pants pocket, loud enough to fill the room. Rather than haul the phone out and fumble with it for about ten seconds trying to turn it off, an action that would only allow everyone to hear that much more clearly what a moron I am, I reached into my pocket and clamped my hand over the phone's speaker in a virtual death grip. This succeeded in keeping the sound from escaping, but it also meant that I was forced to sit there quietly with a death grip on something in my front pants pocket for about a minute or so, long enough to be sure the answering service had picked up. Needless to say, this is not very dignified courtroom procedure. I think it might be time to change the ringtone.

Oh, and the worst part? It was a telemarketer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha Thanks for the good laugh on a Friday! :)

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home