The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Still Kickin'

Wow, it seems like forever since I've put up a posting, even though I guess it's only been about three days. Things are getting busier and busier and they're not likely to slow at least through the weekend.

First of all, my mom is in town from Alabama, my dad will be following tonight and Melissa's parents are getting here tomorrow from St. Louis. This will be the first time they've all met, which is nerve-wracking enough. Then Saturday we're all heading over the hill to view next year's wedding location. No actual date yet (although we're pretty sure it will be June 2007), but that may change soon.

On top of this, my job has been turned upside-down by the opening of Reno's new Mills B. Lane Justice Center and all the problems attendant to it. I usually make it a point not to talk about work in this forum in an attempt to maintain at least some level of anonymity and protect certain confidences, but I think it's safe to say that the opening of the new courthouse has caused some big changes for me this week. The result is that I haven't really had much spare time to sit in front of a computer and shoot pithy little tirades out into the blog-o-sphere. Of course, a cynical person might point out that I did have time to watch an hour of Lost last night even though it was just a clip show. But hey, you have to have priorities, right?

The bottom line is that a more regular pattern of posting should resume next week, once all the family members have headed home and things at work settle in just a bit. So we'll be back to the pithy stuff soon enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yukon Sully said...

I've heard rumors about Gammick's new digs, but haven't actually seen them for myself. They are taking on a mythic, Batcave-like aura in criminal justice circles.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that there will be an "open house" on the whole building coming up here shortly. I will let you know when I know details...

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home