The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Monday, November 20, 2006

I, Douche-bag

I have to apologize for my behavior Saturday. I was on the wine walk but also trying to keep an eye on Alabama-Auburn (still a sore subject) and the big game of the day, Ohio State-Michigan, at every place we went into that had a TV. One of the guys I was doing the walk with was Tivo-ing the big game and everywhere from Silver Peak to Seven he was doing the fingers-in-the-ears, "don't tell me the score" dance. Funny and sort of sad as it was, it's just one of those unspoken Guy rules--you can taunt a friend who's Tivo-ing the game all you want, you can dance right up to the edge and fake as if you are right about to reveal the score, but if you actually give away the real outcome of the game, you are a complete douche-bag.

Well, to make a long story short, we were in the Sierra Tap House toward the end of the walk and some strange guy comes running in and says "who won the game?" Well, I had had a few wine samples at that point, but that's no excuse. Without thinking I blurted out "Ohio State by three." And from behind, in my blind spot, came up a loud, plaintive "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" There's no getting around it; in a moment of carelessness I had committed one of the worst offenses known to guys.

So my sincerest apologies, anonymous friend. I only hope that my cautionary tale can serve as an example to those who will come after me. And I'm sure I've got a big comeuppance coming from Karma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home