The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Katy Back in L.A.

My little sister flew back to L.A. yesterday to resume her quest for stardom. Unfortunately, this is how I see my family these days; in three or four day increments a couple of times a year.

The hardest thing for me about living where I do is the fact that I am so isolated from my family. I live in the West by choice, and there's nowhere I'd rather be; I fell in love with the mountains one summer about ten years ago and have never looked back. But it's not without it's price. My only niece, Kira, lives in Atlanta. She's going to be three years old in August. Sadly, I've only been able to visit her three times in her young life. It's like that with everyone in my family these days, and every time I come home from an all-too-brief visit or a family members leaves for their home this void in my life is thrown into sharp focus. This is the place I've chosen to try to make a life for myself and that isn't going to change any time soon, but I buy it at a very dear price.

In Cubbie-related news, it looks like Kerry Wood will be out at least three weeks. With lackluster hitting and a bullpen in disarray, this is not the news that the Cubs needed right now. Especially with the dastardly St. Louis Cardinals winning games 10-9 by scoring seven runs in the ninth inning. Why does God hate the Cubbies?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick Danger said...

I am considering buying a house next door to my parents. I dont want to be so close, but I just found a GREAT deal on a HUGE house. Also Mrs Danger and I get along great with Ma and Pop Danger.(babysitters next door is a big plus too) I have lived abroad and I have felt your pain. Hang in there brother, if the mountains call you ought to heed. As for our beloved Cubbies, I feel your pain there as well. I have tickets to go see them in june here in Cincinatti in June. I have been a good luck charm. I just can't make it to the friendly confines of Wrigley Field often enough. But I have transplanted some of it's ivy to my backyard. Keep your head up. Danger

9:04 AM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Nick. I need all the help I can get--on top of everything else my girlfriend is a Cards fan :-0

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home