The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Damn This Weather

I'm sorry, but that's all I can think to say. Damn this lousy, wet, freezing weather.

I don't mind winter. I'm a snowboarder. Heck, I was born in Minnesota. I don't mind cold weather on principle. But this is June. JUNE! The high temperature today was 54 degrees F. That's the average high for Reno in FEBRUARY!!! Worse yet, it rained constantly, a grim, drizzly, depressing Seattle kind of rain, not enough to force you inside but certainly enough to annoy you if you have to walk more than a block. I actually drove to work this morning despite the fact that it's only about four or five blocks. I just didn't want to be out in this mess any longer.

This has been the worst, most depressing Spring anyone can remember, at least as far as the weather goes. Every time we get thrown another cold snap I think to my self "This has to be it; it can't possibly get cold again after this. After all, this is Nevada, not the north slope of the Brooks Range." And yet I am proved wrong, over and over.

It just can't go on forever. A few weeks ago I posted a picture of the Sierra Buttes. Here's a better picture of what those mountains look like in summer. Seeing what they're supposed to look like this time of year makes me feel just a little better. I'm not giving up the faith.

The Sierra Buttes, northwest of Reno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home