The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday Notes

Week Two at my new job is complete. Though I'm enjoying my return to prosecution, I'm also starting to remember how intimidating the responsibility can be. The decisions we make really do affect people's jobs, relationships, and every other aspect of their lives. I can't really go into great specifics, but suffice it to say I'm reminded almost every day that prosecutors aren't simply professional advocates for the punishment of the more unpopular and uncooperative members of society; rather, we are the first line of the judiciary, a vital link between law enforcement, the judicial branch of government, and the people of the city that we represent. It's a serious responsibility, and one that I hope I can live up to.

Okay, enough shmaltz. On a personal note, I'm really excited that
Into The West is premering tonight on TNT. I've seen the first episode, and I can say two things about it; one is that I loved it, and two is that most people will not have the patience or the inclination to sit through a ponderous twelve-hour mini-series about the decades-long settlement and transformation of what is today the American West.

You see, I'm not just a Western history buff. I am in love with this country. I live here because after ten years of wandering the mountains and deserts and endless pine forests, it can still take my breath away. It's my own personal Holy Land, a place that feels sacred to me in a way that other places do not. I would happily watch every minute of this series, even if it were twice as long as it is. Most people are not like me, and will be bored silly within the first 15 minutes of sweeping vistas and digital buffalo herds. I, on the other hand, can hardly think of a better use for television.

My mother is currently visiting from Alabama, and tomorrow we'll probably head up to Lake Tahoe. Pictures should be coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home