The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Monday, September 05, 2005

Fantastic Opportunity Missed

I happened to walk out onto the observation deck of the Fortress of Solitude and lean over the railing today, and I was met with the view on the right. It's a god's eye view of a barbeque. My homeowner's association is always having little get-togethers like this on the building's fourth floor deck right below my eighth floor unit, but usually only those 65 and over (which seems like about 75% of the building) ever seem go. The thing that struck me is that if I had ever had a view like this when I was, say, 12 years old, oh boy would I have had all sorts of ideas for projectiles that would liven the whole event up considerably. Never before and probably never again will such an incredible free-fire zone ever present itself. Click on the picture for a bigger version and you'll see what I mean; it's a target-rich environment out of a B-52 pilot's wet dream. But I'm 32, and even the simple idea of a loogie into the potato salad wasn't seriously contemplated. Man, am I getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home