The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Saturday, December 31, 2005

All Hell Breaking Loose

It's been quite a morning here in Reno. The Truckee River is now several feet above flood stage. I've spent the morning sandbagging doors and windows around my building and buildings in my neighborhood. First Street, which is immediately south of my home, is covered in about two or three feet of water and Wingfield park is completely flooded. The water is still rising and might reach Second Street, which would completely swamp my building (again, I'll be fine since I'm on the eighth floor). Things may be even worse in Carson City, where burned areas from the Waterfall Fire two years ago are sliding into town. Interstate 80 is closed at the California border by mudslides and will probably stay that way for a few days.

I have a lot to do today and so I can't write a full update right now, but I will have all kinds of info and good pictures soon. Oh, and Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home