The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Reno and it's Discontents

If like me you live in, live near, or like to visit Reno, and if like me you carry on a passionate love-hate relationship with this city, then you should check out Reno and it's Discontents, a communal site that appeared on the web last month. It's maintained by Myrna the Minx Minkoff. I'm not sure who Myrna is (though from her postings I can deduce that she lives very close to the Fortress of Solitude), but she seems very dialed in to what's going on in Reno. The site lets you leave whole postings in addition to comments. Reno needs more of this sort of thing. Check it out.

6 Comments:

Blogger sugafree9 said...

Nice. Thanks for the link. I'm rarely out looking at other blogs (that I don't have linked to mine) So this is cool.

I did happen upon some dude's site recently called "Battle Born Bloggers" and it was total cheeze. But I signed up anyway, added the banner, and I'm in.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

I've seen Battle Born Bloggers--nice banner, but they seem to mostly be a bunch of guys parroting AM radio talking points. I think one of the sites was actually called "Shoot a Liberal"; yeah, and WE'RE the angry ones.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention. My cherry is popped! Actually that's not true, Bitch Lab (http://blog.pulpculture.org/) linked to me first but she's into leather, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Myrna the Minx...

1:14 PM  
Blogger sugafree9 said...

Yeah, this Battle Born Bloggers does seem a little too 'Bama to be linked on my blog. But I don't even care about all that crap. I think I liked the idea of it more...

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I googled, I surfed and a wave washed be ashore here.

Funny, I stumbled across Myrna's blog after googling some obscure detail in re: Big Little City.

She suggested I wander over here to check out your digs. Cool thing these blogs... matching up readers of similar interests. Looks like a better way to keep current than the RGJ.

But I only get half credit for my comments as I'm a mere future resident but longtime tourist/historian.

JD

9:44 PM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

Don't worry about not living in Reno--this blog is my gift to the people of the world.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home