The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Monday, January 23, 2006

XL

Was it just me, or were both the AFC and NFC Championship games kind of . . . boring? Sort of reminiscent of how the Super Bowl itself used to be, back when every year it was the Broncos or Bills getting trounced by a vastly superior NFC team. The guy I felt sorriest for last night was Joe Buck, the Fox Sport's announcer who had to try to make those last 10 agonizing minutes of the Seahawks-Panthers game seem worth watching.

Any early predictions for Super Bowl XL? I saw last night that the early line is Steelers by 3 1/2. This amazes me. The Seahawks went 13-3, won 11 straight games at one point, led the league in sacks, have a spectacular offensive line , a great linebacking corps, the leagues' most underappreciated quarterback in Matt Hasselbeck, and the NFL's best running back in Shaun Alexander. How is it possible that they're still flying under the radar?

All that being said, if I had to pick one way or the other at this point I'd probably go with the Steelers. They've gone through the one, two and three seeds in the AFC with relative ease (things did look scary for a few seconds against Indy thanks to Bettis' untimely fumble, but the Steelers were clearly the superior team in all their playoff games) and there's little doubt that top to bottom the AFC is the tougher league this year. My early prediction: Steelers 31-24.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?!? Tony's prediction is Seattle 34-27. I have to go with my only son on this one! GO HAWKS!

9:14 PM  
Blogger sugafree9 said...

What the hell is a Seahawk anyway?

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enough with the superbowl talk. give the people what they really want: more articles on adam morrison's mustache.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

I think a Seahawk is an Osprey. But I lived in the state of Washington for five years, and no one I ever asked was able to give me a definite answer to the question "what is a seahawk?" Or "What's the deal with Adam Morrison's moustache?" for that matter.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home