The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cowboy Up!

Melissa and I went to see Brokeback Mountain last night. Although this movie hasn't caused a political firestorm along the lines of, say, Fahrenheit 911 or The Passion of the Christ, I don't think it's any secret that Conservatives are quietly hoping this movie--the story of a passionate, decades-long secret love affair between two cowboys--will fail financially. I don't know what sort of impact this movie is bound to have culturally or financially, but I can tell you that the theater in Reno that I saw the film in was packed.

As for the movie itself, while watching it all I could think was wow, it looks to me like being gay totally rocks! I had no idea it was all about living on horseback, cooking elk steaks over campfires, huntin' varmints and gazing stoically at mountain vistas. Heath Ledger and Jake I'm-not-even-gonna-try-to-spell-that-last-name are so manly in this movie, they make me feel like a sissy because I like girls.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess everybody has aspirations. my brother wants to be a gay cowboy.

6:50 AM  
Blogger sugafree9 said...

I wonder if this will increase the popularity of the gay rodeo.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home