The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Friday, May 12, 2006

Better Luck Against The Dodgers, Creep

When you're a Cub fan you learn to take solace where you can. Sure, the wheels have basically come off on the '06 season as the Cubbies are 1-8 in their last nine games, now finding themselves 7 1/2 games back of surprising division leader Cincinnati, and it's not even the middle of May yet. We're well on our way to completing year 98 in the Century of Futility (TM). But last night did bring us one bright spot: Even though the Cubs lost to the Giants again, Barr-oid Bonds did not hit a home run in the series and did not tie Babe Ruth's career home run total. Thankfully, in years to come when highlight reels show Bonds tying the historic mark, the clip will not include a hapless Cub pitcher jerking his head around to watch yet another artificially-enhanced moonshot sailing into McCovey Cove. A small victory, yes, but you learn to take them where you can get them.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only one person is going to leave a comment here, and that's me. I was truly surprised to hear that Bonds did not get that home run off Cubs' pitching. Us Cubs fans must find the joys of the season wherever we can, like you said. Wood, Prior, and Lee will be returning in another few months. Another small glimmer...

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonds was a hall-of-famer before steroids, and he's still a hall-of-famer today. The real tragedy is Dusty Baker, the most overrated coach in baseball history. Cubs fans no know what Giants found out long ago....

Don't forget Sully, the pitchers that Bonds was hitting home-uns off were alos taking juice. How can you determine what is real and what was enhanced? Refute that Mr. Liberal Attorney.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

Who said Bonds wasn't a Hall of Famer prior to the 'roids? The guy's natural ability is as undeniable as the fact that he's a jerk. I guess you can argue that we'll never know if he could have set his records without the Cream or the Clear, but all non-Kool Aide drinking Giants fans can see the extra edge the performance enhancers have given Bonds these last few years. While he wil no-doubt hold official records, he also cheated to get them, even if he never actually gets caught. The whole world can see what he's all about. I'm just glad he didn't tie Ruth against my team.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Ryan Jerz said...

Was that an apologist that posted here? Wow. I thought they were mythical creatures, like unicorns. And that one did it with bitterness, too, which is better. Sully, I can't imagine being a Cubs fan, but I've spoken a piece or two here about D-Baker. But what's tragic about him? He's only ruining young pitchers arms, not an entire era of a great game. I will be there tomorrow, and hope that I don't have to witness anything. From what I heard this morning, they're celebrating Willie Mays' 75th birthday tonight, so I'm guessing he'll hit one. Plus, he does all the landmark things against the Dodgers.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonds would have never come near the Babe or Aaron if he didn't take roids. He was hitting 30 and 40 homeruns every year, and then all of the sudden he puts on 50 lbs. and hits 73. You have to be able to hit the ball, but roids make those warning track outs go over the wall, and they help you recover quicker from day to day. I am a Dodger fan, so I would hate Barry no matter what. I booed him when I was at Dodger Stadium on April 15, too bad I didn't have a syringe to throw at him. I hate the Giants and Barry more than I hate Dina Titus, wait maybe the same amount, thought I would throw that in there.

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home