The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Time To State The Obvious

I just haven't had it in me to blog these last few weeks. Between being busier than usual at work, trying to put together a new house, and learning to organize life as a semi-long distance commuter, I just haven't had the mental energy necessary. Plus, I'm just a little burned out on the whole process.

I'm going to take a little sabbatical, I think. Where blogging used to feel like a catharsis, lately it has started to feel like an obligation, and frankly that's not how it should be. I've been doing this for over a year now--I guess it's time I take a break for a little while. Then hopefully I can come back with batteries recharged. I'm hoping to be back at it at full strength in no more than a few weeks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been going through the same kind of thing since coming back from vacation..trying to work through out--we'll see.

11:28 AM  
Blogger sugafree9 said...

I'm totally there with you. With two yunguns running me down and work still there... Blogging is way hard.

I do find some time to go around and check up on the Reno Bloggers... but damn its hard. The thing is, its so easy if I'm actually at my computer.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is such a bummer, bro. i hope you are inspired some time soon to get back to it. i've loved reading your blog over the past year and so has rebecca and everyone else in the fam. i will miss it until you are ready to start writing again. best of luck with mel, the house, and work!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been entrusted by the RNR to do a summary judgement of RENO and its blogging community. Hit me back. I don't care that you're an ambulance chaser. pthompson@gmail.com

Tell Myrna, J. Kennedy Toole needs her to email me.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home