The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Teenage Suicide (Don't Do It)

Leaving work today at 5 p.m. I was surprised to find that the streets were closed for a block in every direction from the intersection of 1st and Lake. The police were holding back traffic because some guy was dangling off the roof of the Cal-Neva's parking deck in what I guess was some sort of suicide stand-off. I didn't stick around to see how it ended and now I can't find any news accounts of the incident online. Does anyone in Reno know how this whole thing turned out?

UPDATE: It's now Friday morning and I still can't find any news about whatever was happening at the Cal-Neva garage yesterday, but my lovely journalist/fiancee tells me that this isn't unusual, that potential suicides rarely receive much media attention. In any case, I'm pretty sure nothing bad happened. Whoever that guy hanging off the railing seven stories up was, he didn't look like an investor who'd just lost everything in the stock market; he actually looked like someone who was either on something or perhaps just a bit "off" in the head. I'm sure everything came out okay in the end. Just another day in downtown Reno.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually heard on the radio this morning that it was a teenager and that the police were able to get him/her down safely.

That was about it. It was just a quick blurb.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Housekeeper said...

You're back!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that eventually you would start blogging again. You have too much to say and too many opinions to keep quiet for very long. Melissa just needs to let you have some computer time every day.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

Yeah, you got me pegged. I just needed a break for a while.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home