The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Thursday, September 28, 2006

What I Did With My Summer Vacation

The aspen groves in the mountains to the west have begun to turn a glorious Autumn yellow. Summer in the Sierra has come and gone, I have spent almost three months getting adjusted to a new home and a new lifestyle out here in the 'burbs. Time to bring the long national nightmare to an end. I think my self-imposed sabbatical has gone on long enough.

The world has moved on these past three months or so as it always does. My brother daniel (soccer sully as he styles himself) has gotten engaged to a beautiful woman named Rebecca and is moving to Atlanta. My God-daughter Avery, daughter of my sister Maureen, has turned one year old and her older sister Kira has turned four. My youngest sister Katy has begun a quest to compete in the Paralypics in Bejing in 2008, a subject I'll definitely be providing updates about in the near future. As for me, I'm adjusting to mortgage payments and commute times, doing what I can to help Melissa plan our wedding (June of 2007, in case you were wondering), and learning to take care of the newest addition to my little family, who's name is Keela--she's very cute, as you can see in the picture below. And at last, after almost three months, the old yearning to shout lunatic ravings at the world is on me once more. Somehow, I just feel like it's time to start writing about life in Reno again.

It seems both odd and reassuring to find the blog just where I left it, everything untouched like a box of Christmas decorations that's been in the attic since last winter. Obviously the site needs some updating; frankly, now that I look at it, it's pretty embarrassing that the poll question on the left is obviously left over from last Spring. Surely, it will take some time to get everything sorted out and clean out all the cobwebs. It might take me a while to get back in the swing of things. But it's definitely time to stretch the old muscles again and get back in the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home