The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Freshmores Rule!

This morning I got the following message in the 'comments' section of the 100 Things About Me post that I have a permanent link to on the upper left.

Anonymous said...
I stumbled across this blog tonight after reading my firm's blog on updates post-Katrina. As a result of skimming this post, I'm pretty sure I went to college with you...were you at the Hill in 91 to about 95? In the "freshmore" class? If so, you're the 3rd of that group to go into law that I know of. I was there, but in that former incarnation of my self, I was a bit on the painfully quiet side. Congrats on being on the "good" side of the law, and not being a corporate shill like myself.

You hit the nail on the head anonymous, I am a proud Spring Hill freshmore (notice I don't say "former" freshmore--like the Marines, there ain't no "former" freshmores), class of '95. I'm actually a little surprised and happy that more of us didn't become lawyers. Let me know if any positions open up over there on the Dark Side. And tell me your first name anonymous, I just might remember you. After all, the Hill was not a very big place.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you can tell by my choice to come out from the "anonymous" tag, my first name is Juli, and I was one of the gaggle of biology majors in the ‘91 freshmore class. I wised up, late--in my senior year, I crammed in an English minor, and did the law school thing because it was 1) cheaper and 2) less of a time commitment. As a result, I’m work defense firm and represent major telecom and gaming interest; in other words I have gone to the Dark Side (or work for Wolfram and Heart, if you’re a Buffy/Angel fan). As for positions opening up, I'd rather send you some of the 50+ lawyers from our New Orleans office that have recently overrun our quiet little Baton Rouge operation. The other freshmore who went into law was a guy named John; he was sworn in with my class way back in the last century, but last I heard, he worked out of state. There were a couple of other SHC folks sworn in then, but not of the esteemed freshmore persuasion. Again, congrats for working on the right side of the law. :)

12:24 AM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

I think I do remember you Juli; you are from Baton Rouge if I remember correctly. You were very quiet in those days, just like I was. I guess very few people stay who they are in college, and in my case thank God for that. As for the attorneys from your New Orleans office, although the governor of Nevada just announced that here in Reno we'll be taking in 300 people displaced from their homes by the hurricane/flood, I think that none of them are lawyers. (Whew!)

I was good friends with a Freshmore named John (sometimes called Earl) who went to Law School at Florida and became one of those rich and powerful tax attorneys. Unfortunately, I lost track of him over the years, as I lost track of almost everyone from college.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that John/Earl guy is who I was thinking of...he must hold dual licenses (though I can't think of a good reason to sit for LA's bar exam if you're not actually here). He was at the swearing in way back in '98 and I've seen him at a CLE or two since then.

Yes, let's all be thankful that our college incarnations aren't necessarily who we are now (not that they were all that bad). I'd not survive 20 seconds if I were that insanely quiet now, though.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home