The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Mt. Rose

As the Summer winds down, the days are getting shorter and the nights are noticeably cooler. I can't help starting to think about the coming winter. I've been snowboarding for seven years now, and this end-of-summer jonesing for powder is starting to become an annual ritual for me. Even though the ski season is still at least three months away (and probably more--winter is often late in arriving to the Sierra, and anything before Christmas is considered a gift from the gods) I'm already giddy.

I'm especially excited because at long last I'll be buying a season pass this year. Like most people who ski in Reno I'm going with the Mt. Rose pass, which is available this month for a mere $300. Rose is basically Reno's municipal hill because it's only about 30 minutes away and has great terrain. Rose is great, but I have to admit that next year I'm hoping to upgrade to Northstar, or if I manage to win the lottery between now and then, Squaw Valley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home