The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Just My Luck

I never paid attention to such things before I bought the Fortress of Solitude back in May, but everywhere I look these days it seems I'm reading something about how the housing bubble is bursting. This sort of market is very regional, and there are few hard numbers to back up the nay-sayers so far, but I've got a bad feeling that I bought right at the peak of the market. I suspected this might happen because a.) the ridiculous hysteria surrounding the housing market earlier this year reminded me of nothing so much as the "irrational exuberance" cited by Alan Greenspan that surrounded the tech-stock boom of the late 90's; and b.) I have the crappiest luck in the world.

I know that in Reno, where you can't buy a tear-down for under $300,000, I'm lucky just to own a home at all (even if it is an eighth-floor studio apartment). Still, I can't help but worry. I doubt that the market will crash outright, but the days of homes doubling in value within a year seem to be over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home