The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Not Quite There Yet

Melissa and I went up to Truckee yesterday to meet up with my brother Daniel's (aka "Tundra Sully") girlfriend Rebecca, who was visiting a friend in San Francisco. Conveniently, the friend's name is also Rebecca. We had a great time showing them Squaw Valley and the Lake--is it weird that I so love playing tour-guide?--despite the fact that yesterday was the first day in about three months that we've had rainy weather.

By the time we got back to Truckee it was late in the day, and the rain had turned to snow:

I was elated because I thought that maybe at long last we might be getting some real snowfall in the Sierra. Unfortunately this morning it appears that most of the ski resorts got only two or three inches, not nearly enough to consider opening up. We're going to have to continue to wait.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for taking "The Rebecca's" around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and Squaw Valley!!

I was freezing at first, but loving the snow by the end of the day:):):) I hope that Melissa gets to do a segment on the Squaw Valley photographer we met!!!

I need to spend some more time in that area, it was so nice! Holiday gathering '06...?!?!?!??!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

I can't tell you how badly I want the whole family out here for a ski vacation. The only barrier seems to be the cost of airfare combined with the cost of renting a cabin.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

careful what you wish for, my baby is a bargain hunter. she'll have us booked before you know it.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real OC is expected to get between 6-7" of snow over tonight and tomorrow. The Loup opened Saturday. It is a little sad that I don't like the snow and will not be enjoying it.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

HA! THE "REAL" OC! That's great! For those of you not in the know, Darcy is referring to one of my many former stomping grounds, Okanogan County, Washington. That's where I spent a little over a year as a Public Defender. I met some woderful people (like Darcy) but there's not too much goin' on up there. The Real OC's official slogan is "There's a Wal-Mart AND a Safeway in Omak!"

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And coming soon a Home Depot!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home