The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Correction

I need to correct something I posted back in November. The Nevada State Quarter is being released today down in Carson City. Here's what it looks like:


The eagle-eyes out there will notice that I was slightly off when I reported a few months back that the Nevada State Quarter would look like this:

Sorry for any confusion. Oh, who are we kidding? I just like that joke so much that I wanted to tell it again.

In other news, you might have noticed that gas prices are once again trickling upwards. Around Reno gas is running in the $2.50 a gallon range. If high gas prices are making your life difficult, comfort yourself with the thought that Exxon-Mobil announced today that they amassed a record $36 billion dollars in profits last year. Raise a toast in their honor.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At $1,146 profit/second or just over $1 billion a day world-wide. Holy crap! It makes me wonder... what am I doing wrong??!?!?!

http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/30/news/companies/exxon_earns/index.htm?cnn=yes

1:17 PM  
Blogger sugafree9 said...

These profits are because the future of oil is looking more scarce and countries and other large buyers are increasing their reserves with this “cheap” oil. It may be at or near an all time high, but with China’s emerging reliance on oil… Its gonna get even more expensive. With that said, demand in the –sorta short tem – will fall. I don’t believe this is profiteering….just yet.

(I spoke in length with an old drunk dude about this at a bar, he was really passionate about it. So you know my source is legit.)

12:08 AM  
Blogger Lady said...

hey ;)

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Omak there are two gas stations that have there prices at $1.81 for the past three days. Cars are lined up everytime I drive by.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please read Conspiracy of Fools: the Eron Story. Eron didn't create the Califorina energy crisis, however, much it did to profit from it. It's a very good read. I think you'll like it.
"Harbor Islands Sully"

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home