The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Thank God - One More Precious Starbucks

I noticed last night that the new Starbucks (or "ARBUCKS" as the illuminated sign had it--odd that a store that just opened already has a busted sign) is up and running at the corner of Fifth and Nevada. My neighborhood already has a couple of descent, locally-owned coffee shops and there's a Starbucks less than five minutes away, but thankfully now the people of Reno have one more faux-Italian coffee bar at which to buy overpriced, bad coffee or drop off their home-made bombs.

For the benefit of the NSA and my Mom, I'd like to say that the previous sentence was a joke. You know, like that Ann Coulter joke about assassinating a Supreme Court Justice.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it so terrible to like some of the drinks at Starbucks? I don't like their coffee-- it's way too strong, but I do like the flavored lattes. They taste more like milkshakes than coffee. I have been to some of your local coffee shops and they have better coffee. Just one person's opinion.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand the coffee craze! I think it's the new designer drug. But then again... there ARE some diet soda freaks in my fam... not naming names, Pat, Moe...

3:01 PM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

I can quit any time I want.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, right. you've probably got a bottle of diet coke hidden in your sock right now.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only problem is that I wouldnt walk there by myself after dark. I guess this means the neighborhood will now begin to become less fringe which is good unless you are one of the families that leaves in the cheap housing in that area.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Ryan Jerz said...

From what I can see, the draw of that entire complex, with the Quiznos and all, is for St. Mary's. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to put a Starbucks there for the neighborhood, especially since that particular area (5th street around Washington and Ralston) used to be a bit more neighborly when I was in college. Most of the cool old houses became businesses, so the place deteriorates rapidly at night.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home