The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Best Possible News: Melissa Says "Yes"

I have wonderful news. Our families and those close to us already know, and now the world can know too.

Last Saturday, March 4, exactly one year from the day we first met, I stood with Melissa on a deserted beach lit by the setting sun and overlooking the tranquil Sea of Cortez, and asked her to marry me. She said "yes."

Three whirlwind days later my mind is still buzzing. I wish I had time for a lengthy posting full of details, but unfortunately my work schedule won't permit it this morning. My plan is to sit down some time in the coming days and write a ridiculously long tome about the trip and containing some of the dozens of pictures we took. For now, I'll just go with the photo above, taken at dinner just after we'd gotten engaged, and a couple more photos showing what I just know some of you are dying to see: what the ring looks like.


Many more details and pictures will follow soon. Right now I'm too happy for words.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yukon sully has game!!! huge congrats to you both!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all know that Yukon is happy, but Melissa looks pretty happy, too!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You big stud!! Great job on the ring, the girl, the vacation...! I am very happy for both of you!!!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both. I love weddings (actually the receptions). I'm thinking of the perfect wedding gift right now.

You did explain to Melissa she must continue in her weather reporting duties didn't you?

Best wishes to you both.

JD

5:09 PM  
Blogger sugafree9 said...

Nice. You're now one step closer to calling the her "the Mrs." or "My old lady". Are you gonna register under Yukon Sully?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

Mr. and Ms. Sully.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Housekeeper said...

Yippee! Judging from the picture, I would have to say Melissa is a tad happy. I love sappy engagement stories and can't wait to hear (in the blog sense) more.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, is that comment above a joke? I was impressed/horrified yesterday that you posted a comment during your vacation on renodiscontent.com but now, well, I dont really know what to say except: "Hands-up! Back away from the computer!" Concentrate on the girl. Congratulations.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

I don't delete a lot of comments Mr. Downer, but insulting my fiancee isn't going to be tolerated.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Yukon Sully said...

Oh, and Myrna; we're back now. Vacation's over, time to plan the wedding.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel yukon. You are in love. When you get older, you can look at thinks, you can see things that young can't.
It was not, for me, insulting. It was a "heads up" for you. As the years add up, you someday will see what I see.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congrats to you both!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home