The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Blog Spamers Suck

Okay, "comments" like this, which appeared in my last posting, are really starting to piss me off:

Hi, you have a wonderful blog here! Without doubt I will return for another look ! I have a low cholesterol foods site. It just about covers everything that tallies with low cholesterol foods matters. If you have got the time, your are welcome to come and check it out.

Obviously it's just spam. The original "comment", which I deleted, contained a link to a website that at first appears to be informational, but which is actually just advertising. Now I don't mind disagreeable or even offensive comments. I don't mind being called an idiot. But it bugs the hell out of me when these spamers use my site for free advertising. I don't want to alter my 'comments' sections to stop this sort of thing, but I may have to because I'm now getting two or three of these a week.

UPDATE: Almost the minute I originally published this post, this "comment" appeared:

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell everything, like music on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

That does it: I'm making comments more restrictive by adding word-verification. My apologies if this inhibits anyone who wishes to leave a real comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home