The Adventures of Yukon Sully

The Epic Story Of One Man's Quest To Find Fame, Fortune, And Some Decent Chicken Wings In The Biggest Little City In The World!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Reno, Nevada, United States

Yukon Sully is the heroic alter ego of a mild-mannered attorney who lives in a modest suburb on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada. He fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Always remember, he's much smarter than you are.

100 Things About Me

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Some Perspective

Earlier this summer I wrote this post about a trip to a ranch in the Carson River Valley. The name of the man who owned the ranch I wrote about was Daniel. I don't know his age but I would have guessed it to be early 50's, and he had that healthy look of a man who doesn't mind working outdoors. I knew him through a co-worker of mine who was his significant other. She got us together because she knew that we shared a lot of common interests. Although I never got to know him well, Daniel was obviously a good man who had great love and respect for his land and for the people around him. He tried to convince me to volunteer for an organization that he worked for, an organization that helped low-income people and families build and own their own homes. I'm ashamed to say that I don't remember the name of the organization--although I promised him I would get around to volunteering my time, I always found excuses not to.

Today Ruby, Daniel's girlfriend, told me that Daniel had passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack. Perhaps it wouldn't have made any difference to anyone in the long run, but tonight I find myself wishing more than anything that I hadn't been too busy to help out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home